Saturday 2 July 2016

LANDLINE REVIEW BY JAYSHREE SRIDHAR



I know its been so long since I posted. Or wrote for that matter. I had been very excited about reviewing 'Landline by Rainbow Rowell but I never got time to actuall sit down for a review. Finally!! So here it goes...

Landline by Rainbow Rowell isn't a die hard romantic like the other books by her. This is different. The good different. Here's how....
The book brings out the basic aesthetics of a marriage in the most raw and real way possible. It isn't always pink. It's no way black and white. It's gray and how a couple deal with the gray areas is what landline is about.

Landline has a magic landline phone and what Georgie did with it to save her marriage or get to know what she actually didn't do to save it, becomes the plot line.
I really liked how the mind of Georgie worked regarding everything, Seth, her career, and NEAL! Oh Neal! 



I was actually really sorry that I couldn't get to know more and more about the present day neal. I was really desperate to catch phrases where I find what is happening in Omaha at the present. That not happening left me a little...discourged?

But what Georgie felt about her marriage, what she felt about Neal, how their relationship worked was as real as possible and I might fight you say otherwise.

I would not deny that I had my fangirling moments in the end.



Landline helps you realize there aren't always sunny days in a relationship. There's monsoon and there's heavy winter sometimes (if you know what i'm talking about).The book shows you what a marriage looks like from 5 years to 15 years later, how changes affect the marriage in the most intriguing way It's not bubbling with romance but it need not be dry and dead either.

Now how do I NOT mention the little trick my queen played in this book. So Cath and Levi do a guest appearance and hey you know it's Cath and Levi only if you have read Fangirl and if you want to believe it's them. There's no name mention though. I hate it when Raibow doesn't give us that 100% satisfaction to fangirl over something. And yes, oh THEY'RE  ENGAGED!!! *internal screaming louder by second*


The book sure didn't top my favorite works of her but it has a great story and I think everyone should give it a read. Married people, I'm looking at you guys mostly...



I give this book a 4 out of 5 for lack of Neal's side of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment